Monday, July 23, 2012

How is your summer?

Ok, so it's been while since I've been able to write my blog.  I've been a little busy with a few things.  I think it's a good time to give you the "Cole's Notes" version.

A few months back I created Fashion Works Canada (see: www.fashionworkscanada.com).  That took a while to get off the ground, but everything is up and running now and getting a nice following.  We're always looking for talented Canadian writers to get on-board with this.  Please let me know if you're interested.

Let's see, oh yeah, I spent almost a month in Estonia with a side trip to Sweden. This was our very belated honeymoon.  I'll be doing a separate blog entry for this.  Stay tuned.  Here's a teaser, because I know you'll be asking for it....





Just before leaving for our big trip, took some incredible pregnancy shots.  Two weeks ago, just days after returning from Europe, I shot a wedding and had the opportunity to work with a good friend of mine at the same time.  We do it all again next month.

A few days ago, I gave my new AlienBees ABR800 ring flash a really good studio test with my beautiful wife.  I'll be doing a full entry on that soon, but here's a sample.


I love the effect I get from this flash.  More on that soon.  Until then, enjoy the extended heatwave we're having, stay cool.